March 18, 2016

OPI Hello Kitty Collection Swatches & Review

Hello my lovelies...it's been quite a while right? I normally don't disappear for so long but I was having a lot of problems in my personal life and I was slammed with work because Spring Break was coming up. Things in my personal life have since gotten much better and now that my crazy week before Spring Break is over, I can finally relax for a minute. Other than that, I have exciting news! I'll announce the first now and the second in another post next week~ My first exciting announcement is I'm going to be studying abroad in South Korea this summer! I won't be gone the whole summer, just 6 weeks or so but I'm still very excited to finally go back!!

Now onto my actual post: the OPI X Hello Kitty collab that slayed my life. When I first found out OPI was coming out with this collection, I about died. I realize that this post is "old" because the collection has been out for a while now and OPI is moving on to the New Orleans collection for spring (which I've got my eye on a few of those ;) ) but I figured that I still should post it anyway. I don't get PR or normally have enough money to afford to preordering the whole collection, so I have to wait until it hits the stores. I love OPI and Hello Kitty anyway. I ended up picking up 4 shades, two individually and two came in a set with a little Hello Kitty coin purse. For swatches and my full review on these polishes, check it out after the jump!



The first polish I got was Look At My Bow! which is a light pink creme. This reminds me of the color people use for baby showers because it is soft and pretty. Because of how light this shade is it actually makes me look a little tan when I wear it! (mind you I'm an NW15 in Mac haha). Formula was easy to apply, but a bit streaky probably due to its light color. This is 3 coats without topcoat.



Next is My Pal Joey which is medium blue creme. This one is a knockout! Not only is the color gorgeous but the formula is amazing as well. A touch on the thick side, but this was almost a 1 coater! I had some minor streaks to cover so this is 2 coats without topcoat.



Next is Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel which is a pink glitter that has pink, white, and silver glitters mixed in. I was surprised this one covered and built up as much as it did. Formula was okay, easy to apply and this is 2 coats plus topcoat. 



The last one I have is Charmmy & Sugar which is a glitter with an iridescent pink/purple base that has pink, blue, purple, and bunch of other colored glitters in there. This was was actually the one I was most excited for but it kind of fell flat. This took a lot of coats to build up on its own, so I figured over black would be the best choice. However because of the iridescent base, it can look "patchy" when you turn your nail from side to side. The formula was good, easy to apply too. This is 1 coat plus topcoat over black.



Overall, I really liked them except for Charmmy & Sugar which fell a little flat for me. If I had to pick one, I'd go with with My Pal Joey. The formula is awesome and the color is so pretty too! The OPI X Hello Kitty collection has been out for a while now so you should be able to find it at any location that sells OPI !

No comments:

Post a Comment