March 25, 2016

Kiko Cupcake Polishes #649 #651 #656 Swatches & Review

Happy Friday everyone! I'm so sad that my spring break is over but I kind of like getting back into my routine you know? Is anyone else like that haha? Also my other exciting announcement: I got into grad school! I'm so happy and relieved because the program I applied into has quite high standards. I look forward to starting some grad classes along with finishing my Bachelor's degree in the fall.

Today I have some more Kiko polishes to share with you guys! I actually got these free when I bought the other three that I reviewed a bit ago. I think they're discontinuing or getting rid of them but I'm not sure. Last time I checked on the Kiko website they were on sale so I apologize if you can't get them anymore (then again you could probably find them somewhere on the internet). Anyway if you want to see my full thoughts and swatches of Kiko Cupcake polishes #649 #651 #656, look for them after the jump!

*Note: All three dry down to a textured finish so I also included pictures with topcoat because I know a lot of people like to know what they look like glossy!

The first one is 649 Apricot which is a peachy base filled with red specks. I really like how this one looks! The formula is divine, a bit thick but super easy to apply and built up easily. This is 2 coats.

By itself

With topcoat

Next is 651 Strawberry which is a pink base with blue and red specks in it. This one (I think) looks the best on me, pinks always seem to suit me haha. This one's formula is awesome as well, maybe a touch thicker than the latter but other than that applies exactly the same. This is 2 coats.

By itself

With Topcoat
Lastly, we have 656 Pistachio which is a light green base with dark blue and orange specks in it. To be honest, I really don't like this color. It kinda reminds me of zombie flesh or something...sorry to be gross but I'm not really about this color :( The formula however is still amazing, just like the other two. Easily built up and a bit thick but easy to apply. This is 2 coats.

By itself

With topcoat
There we have it! Overall, I think these polishes are awesome, Kiko did a great job on the formula and a great job on 2/3 of the colors haha. There are more in this collection, but if you love textured polishes like these I highly suggest checking them out! I'm not sure where they can be found because they were "on sale/discontinued" on the website but I'm sure you can hunt them down on the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment