January 21, 2016

Dupes/Comparisons: Squishy Reds (Part 1)

Happy Thursday all! I'm back in school and two days of classes have already gone by! I like going to school, learning new things and what not I just don't like all the stress and anxiety I get from everything I have to do...but so far, I really enjoy all my classes and I'm looking forward to a good semester...that being said, let's get onto polish!

I hope I didn't lose you from my title but I love squishy, jelly reds. In fact I own more than I thought haha. In this post and another, I'll be comparing two different types of squishy reds:

  1. Shimmery/more jelly red
  2. Glitter-bomb/super squishy jelly red
I decided to split this into 2 parts because they kind of look similar but they're not really. The color family is similar but the style and such is quite different so you all get 2 days of squishy reds! For this post, I will be comparing style two "glitter-bomb/super squishy jelly red". The two colors are:

  • Orly 15 Minutes Of Fame (on my pointer/ring finger; 3 coats plus topcoat)
  • SPAritual Intention (on my middle/pinky finger; 3 coats plus topcoat)
Here is a bottle shot of the two next to each other:



Onto the swatches:



Even though they look similar in the bottle, these two are definitely not dupes. Orly is much more sheer than SPAritual and also contains a LOT more holo glitter. SPAritual is a true red with more heavy flakies while on its own, Orly looks more orange. Also Orly's formula was much thicker and base-heavy where SPAritual was more runny (I had to be careful of it not ending up in my cuticules). So there you have it, part 1 all done! Look out for part 2 coming tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment