January 4, 2016

KBShimmer Pimp My Pride & Mixed Peelings Swatches and Review

Hey guys, how was your weekend? Mine was pretty good, I spent a lot of time messing with my new camera. It's the Nikon Coolpix L840; the original one I used was a Sony Cyber Shot that I got in 9th grade...while I still love it and it still works great for being 6~7 years old, I really wanted to upgrade.

Anyway, today I have more indie polish! Yay! I know I'm late to the indie bandwagon, but better late than never right haha? I actually picked these up during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale KBShimmer had way back in November. I've worn Mixed Peelings a couple times already but I never actually got around to swatch them because school and finals came up. I'm a sucker for white crellys, so these babies are right up my alley! My thoughts and swatches will be after the jump:

*Note: both are over a white base because that is the way I prefer to wear them but you can also wear these alone as well!

Pimp My Pride is a white crelly filled with blue and red hex glitters, circle glitters, and bar glitter. I remember this was one of the first polishes I wanted from KBShimmer...purely because of the name haha. The polish itself is perfect for 4th of July too! The formula was good, it covered quite nicely except for having to dip 'n' dab the glitter a bit. The bigger glitter does tend to sink but I could easily fish it out. You could probably only use 1, but I used 2 coats plus topcoat.




Mixed Peelings is also a white crelly with hot pink, lime green, and yellow circle glitters of all different sizes in it. I love this one! The combo is so pretty! The formula is a little thin and the glitter tends to stick together on the nail. Also the bigger glitter tends to sink too but I could also easily fish it out and dip 'n' dab to get full coverage. You'll have to "place" the glitter a little more with this one but it's totally worth it because it's gorgeous. This is 2 coats with topcoat.



As a little bonus, I received these cute little nail polish candies because I bought these two during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale:



Overall, I like them both. Even though Mixed Peelings takes a little more work to get even glitter coverage, it's still super pretty. Pimp My Pride not only has a great name but it's good 4th of July polish as well! Both of these are in the "Discontinued" section of KBShimmer's website. If you want one, I suggest you get one before they run out!

No comments:

Post a Comment