November 4, 2015

Essence Nail Art Stampy Set Review

Hello Hello ! Today's Hump Day ! I have a review that has been a long time in the making...I've been using this Essence Nail Art Stampy Set for a while now and I'd thought I'd share my thoughts so if anyone was interested in buying it, this could help make your decision !

Here is the outside packaging of what the set looks like (please see * & ** for  a special note).


*As I mentioned before, I've been using this for a while now so I threw away the original box. I just wanted to make a note saying that the image below is not my own and I don't claim it as mine either. I used it purely so you could see what the packaging looks like if you were to pick it up in the store :)

**Image is not my own. This is taken from the Essence website :)

Now let's get into what actually comes with the set:

1 Metal Stamping Plate
Although it was small, I had no problems picking up the images. Later on I'll show you what I mean with the heart pattern on the bottom right.






















1 Metal Scraper 
I've only used it once and it did an okay job with spreading the polish. Honestly I don't prefer metal scrapers because I don't want to scratch my plates :( But if you're in a pinch and this is all you have, it'll suffice.


1 Rubber Stamper
On a scale of 1-5 on the squishy stamper scale, I'd put this at a 5 haha. It's super hard and you have to press down pretty hard to pick up images and then "stamp" them onto the nail but it does do a good job of picking up the images (I show this later on). I've used this the traditional way and for reverse stamping and both came out wonderful :) It also does need to be primed before it'll pick up images nicely.




Here is the bottom right heart image picked up on the stamper itself (on left) and then stamped onto paper (on right)
*Polishes used: Mundo de Unas in "1 White" & "2 Black" 

Overall, I think it's a great little set for people who want to try stamping but don't know where to start. I got mine at Ulta for around $3.99 but you might be able to find it elsewhere (for cheaper) !

Have a good day !

No comments:

Post a Comment