November 30, 2015

Zoya X Redbook Limited Edition Trio Holiday 2015 Swatches & Review

Happy Monday! I know that for many people Mondays are a source of sadness, especially when everyone was just off for Thanksgiving...I definitely enjoyed my short break of just being able to spend time with my family and my boyfriend and not think about school for a couple of days. Don't get me wrong, I love what I study but everyone needs a little break once in awhile!

Today I have another exciting post! I was at an Ulta near my college and I saw a brand new display from Zoya labeled "Sugar Plum Surprise". I had heard nothing about it so I did some further looking into it and I found out that this was a collaboration between Zoya and Redbook! 


*I will update when/if I find out more information about it

From the Zoya website:

Zoya Nail Polish and Redbook have teamed up to bring you a super exclusive, super glamorous holiday trio, where the three custom shades are being named by Redbook Magazine readers. The contest entry period has ended, but the set is available for order now!

"This is the best contest I've ever put on this page, bar none: I've teamed up with Zoya nail color, and we're letting you name the three beyond pretty colors shown here: a creamy cherry red, a metallic plum, and a sheer sparkly gold. The amazing folks at Zoya name their shades after women (love that) and we want to help you honor a remarkable girl or woman you know." - Victoria Kirby (Redbook Beauty Director)

There was a contest going on to name the three colors but it has obviously ended, so now you can buy them! The shades are:
  • Renee (cherry red)
  • Marjorie (metallic plum)
  • Cindy (sheer sparkly gold) 
I purchased Marjorie and Cindy but skipped out on Renee because no offense, but there's only a certain number of ways you can do "cherry red" (plus I really don't need another haha). 

Marjorie is described as a "metallic plum" by Zoya but I feel like it's a shimmery cranberry. This color is absolutely stunning, so gorgeous and the formula is divine as well. This is 2 easy coats without topcoat. 



Cindy is described as a "sheer sparkly gold" by Zoya. Add "with iridescent glitter" and the description would be perfect. If OPI Ski Slope Sweetie and Zoya Monet had a baby, this would be it! The formula was actually quite nice, except for the iridescent glitters have a tendency to stick together. While I'm not a fan of this on its own, Cindy can transform depending on what base color you use (my personal preference is over a dark base).

3 coats by itself, no topcoat

2 coats over Essie White Page, no topcoat

2 coats over OPI Guys & Galaxies, no topcoat

My pick is Marjorie if I had to pick one of the two. If you want to purchase them online, the trio can be found here but keep your eyes peeled because I have a feeling they will be popping up in many local Ultas (like mine) very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment