November 3, 2015

KBShimmer Bahama Drama, Let's Not Coral, and Spot Sign Swatches & Review

Hey everyone ! This is my first official post on my newly designed blog. I've had a nailstagram (here) for a while. I debated for a while whether I should make one or not but I decided to take the plunge and here we are ! Please bear with me as I'm very new to this so some things may still be wonky but I'm always working to iron everything out ! ;)

Now onto the exciting part~ this particular group of polishes are my first purchases from KBShimmer. I'm a little late to the Indie nail polish trend but better late than never right? I'm a self-proclaimed pink-toned coral polishaholic (so specific I know) so the first two cremes, Bahama Drama and Let's Not Coral, should come as no surprise to why I chose them. Then I thought Spot Sign was such a unique glitter...and I've kind of had my eyes on it for a while too so I had to have it obviously! Anyway let's get to the swatches:

Bahama Drama is a peachy/pink/coral that was released with the summer 2015 collection. I found the formula to be a bit streaky but leveled out by the third coat. I must add that when I first saw this it was much brighter than I expected! I was blinded haha. I used 3 coats plus topcoat.




 Let's Not Coral is a medium pink. It pulls more raspberry on my skintone (I'm very cool-toned) but in person, it's a bit lighter and almost exactly like a medium pink. This was released in the summer 2014 collection and the formula was wonderful! I used 2 coats plus topcoat.




 Spot Sign  has leopard glitter, different sized black circle glitter, and holo glitter all suspended within a clear base. This was released in the winter 2014 collection and I absolutely love this! The base isn't too thick and while you do have to fish out the leopard glitter, it isn't difficult to do. Very unique and I highly recommend, especially for those who cannot do animal print nail art. This is 1 coat over Let's Not Coral plus topcoat.



Overall, I'm very happy with my purchases and will definitely pick up some more when I get the chance!
KBShimmer can be found here: https://www.kbshimmer.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment