December 30, 2015

China Glaze "Ugly Sweater Party" Swatch & Review

It's Hump day! Can you believe New Year's Eve is tomorrow?! It's crazy how fast this year flew by! While there were many things I enjoyed about 2015, I'm excited to start to the new year as well. A fresh start is always good, right?

I have a small post today from the China Glaze Cheers! holiday collection for this year. Out of all the polishes, I only picked up one: Ugly Sweater Party. Normally I like to pick up a couple from the collection that I find unique or a shade I don't already own but not this time haha. I wish I could provide the full collection to review, but unfortunately I am only one woman in college...so maybe another time!

Ugly Sweater Party is a pink glitter bomb within a pink base. There's larger blue glitter, pink glitter, silver glitter, holo glitter, and more! This is like a disco ball on my fingers, it's so sparkly and pretty...but the formula is not so good. The glitter likes to clump together and it tends to be quite base heavy despite the base being thin...make sense haha? So if you're not careful it can get thick on your nails really quick. I recommend doing one coat, letting it dry down then go back for the second coat.  However it did only took 2 coats to get fully opaque so this is 2 coats plus topcoat (I also recommend using a thicker topcoat because this sucks up topcoat like crazy).



Overall, I like this because it's super sparkly and such but the formula is a kind of a pain. My recommendation for applying this is either: sponge on or apply like normal then go back and dip 'n' dab for full coverage. So if you love the color and don't mind the formula then go for it but if you're looking for an easy to use glitter than I would skip this.

No comments:

Post a Comment