December 25, 2015

Christmas 2015 Nail Art

Merry Christmas everyone !! I can't believe it's already Christmas ! Since I will be spending the day with my family (and if you celebrate it, I hope you will too), I have a relatively quick post today.

My inspiration came from two things: a previous snowman mani I did a year or so ago and the look of snow during either late night/early morning and how it seems to glitter when you look at it! Believe it or not, I solely used polish to create my look...no acrylic paint! I will have the full details of how it was constructed and such after the jump!


For the base of the nail art, I used Essie Bouncer It's Me. To be honest, I stopped counting how many coats I applied after like 4 or 5 so to get it to this opacity took some work haha.


For the snow, I created it in three layers (all sponged on):
  • 1st layer: OPI Alpine Snow
  • 2nd layer: OPI Solitaire 
  • 3rd layer: OPI It's Frosty Outside
To make the snow in the air I used:
  • 1st layer: China Glaze Fairy Dust (sponged on)
  • 2nd layer: light blue loose holo glitter (placed by hand)

Finally to make the snowman:
  • Base: Nature Republic 01 화이트
  • Eyes + Hat: Color Club Where's The Soiree
  • Nose: Essie Roarrrrange 
  • Arms: Essie Hot Coco
  • Scarf: China Glaze Elfin' Around
Here is a close-up shot of the snowman


Overall, I'm super happy with the way this turned out. When I normally plan out nail art, it almost never turns out the way I want it to...but this turned out exactly like I wanted! When I move my hand, it glitters just like the snow outside! 

Anyhow, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment