December 8, 2015

OPI Dutch Tulips, I Have A Herring Problem, and Purple With A Purpose Swatches & Review

Happy Tuesday all! Yesterday started off the last week of classes for me...I can't believe fall semester is already over! While I'll be sad that some of my classes are over, others I'm glad to be done with; plus my older brother graduates from college this Saturday! Yay!

Anyhow today I have a somewhat random mix of OPIs to share with you all. I found them all in the clearance bin at Target some weeks ago and they managed to make it home with me haha. Check out my thoughts and swatches after the jump!



Dutch Tulips  is a pink-toned, medium red. Depending on the lighting, sometimes this looks more pink but most of the time it just tends to just look red. The formula was okay, I found it more leaning towards the crelly side than a full creme which I enjoyed. Half of my nails only took 2 coats but the other half took 3 ( all without topcoat mind you) so depending on how you apply it will determine the amount you need!



I Have A Herring Problem is a medium gray with heavy silver and white shimmer running through it. Initially I wasn't too impressed with this, but once I put it on I completely changed my mind. It's super gorgeous, it looks so much better on the nail than in the bottle in my opinion. Formula was thin and somewhat patchy (i.e. don't mess with it too much when applying it) but built up in 2-3 coats (sans topcoat and I had the same phenomenon happen as with Dutch Tulips).



Purple With A Purpose is a metallic purple. I thought this was going to be a patchy nightmare (just from looking at the type it is) but again I was pleasantly surprised! Formula was thin but easily built up and only needed 2 coats (without topcoat here).


So there you have it, my swatches of this random mini OPI haul. I'm so glad to have found a surprise favorite amongst them all! I hope you all have a lovely day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment